MiddletoM is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit

Question Open form based on value from previous form

Hi all,

I am having problems with the titled issue.

for a bit of background; the database is just for data recording. It records the details for a fibre network. In this network there are Aggregations Nodes (Agg Nodes) and splitters. in the network the agg node is connected to many splitters.

I have created the tables and the forms for both agg node and splitters and have created the 1 to many relationship.

I have created a button on the agg node form which is supposed to open the splitters form ready for data to be inputted about the splitters connected to the agg node defined in the agg node form but it isnt working.

If i enter the aggnode information and click on the button the splitter form opens but the aggnodeID is not showing in the box on the splitters form. When i enter splitter information it saves it as unrelated data.

i know the command would be something like:

DoCmd.OpenForm "frmSplitters", , , "AggNodeID = '" & Me.AggNodeID & "'"

But Access 2010 doesnt like this as they have dumbed down the methods to modify and create codes and im not sure what to put in the Where Condition field for the OpenForm button.

Could someone tell me how to solve this problem. Im not sure if my explanation is any good so just let me know. Im more than willing to email the DB if needs be.

Thanks in advance.

MiddletoM is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    right, bit more info:

when i add aggnode data then splitter data related to that agg node into the actual tables the form displays it correctly. So it does work but its just the data entry side of adding information into the splitter form where the problem is.

rather than displaying information which was entered into the table itself i want the form to be where the data is entered then can be viewed in the tables. I hope someone understands where i am coming from. :S

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.