kaledev is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2007

Question Everything on form disappeared...

I have a bit of an odd problem. I opened up my database one day and noticed that my only form had gone completely blank. Every textbox, label, etc. looked like it had been deleted. Yet when I go to design view, everything is there and looks as it should. I haven't made any sort of change I can think of to make this happen. I tried opening a previous version of the database and copy/pasting a copy of the form into the newest version. However, the newly pasted form (which is fine in the old version), is suddenly completely blank when viewed. I tried compacting and repairing just in case with no success. Does anyone have a clue what is wrong?

orange is online now Moderator
    Windows XP Access 2003
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada; West Palm Beach FL
    I don't have acc2007. But as a guess, if everything is there in Design view, but not visible n Form View, sounds like all controls have been hidden.
    If it happened all at once, it may be something during Form open. But, if a second, working form is copied and acting the same way, then perhaps there is a setting that affects All Forms??? strange indeed.

But some of the 2007 users may have more insight into such an issue.

KathyL is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 7 Access 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by kaledev View Post
    I have a bit of an odd problem. I opened up my database one day and noticed that my only form had gone completely blank. Every textbox, label, etc. looked like it had been deleted. Yet when I go to design view, everything is there and looks as it should. I haven't made any sort of change I can think of to make this happen. I tried opening a previous version of the database and copy/pasting a copy of the form into the newest version. However, the newly pasted form (which is fine in the old version), is suddenly completely blank when viewed. I tried compacting and repairing just in case with no success. Does anyone have a clue what is wrong?
    Check your 'Visible' property on all fields and the form header and detail levels as well. One 'No' on the detail level could make all fields not show.

If that isn't it, make a brand new form, and copy/paste all your fields to the new form and fine tune...

kennejd is offline Competent Performer
    Windows XP Access 2007
    This is probably way out there....but does your recordsource have records....and is your form set to 'AllowAdditions' No?

I've seen what you describe when there are no records in the underlying table and allowAdditions is set to no.

kaledev is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by kennejd View Post
    This is probably way out there....but does your recordsource have records....and is your form set to 'AllowAdditions' No?

I've seen what you describe when there are no records in the underlying table and allowAdditions is set to no.
    Strangely enough, this was happening because the record source was returning no values (however the AllowAdditions was always set to yes). It appears some of my data was deleted causing the empty return. This is still extremely odd, but I fixed it by adding my data back in.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.