Very new to access - need your help

Hello,

I have recently stepped into a new position within my company. With this I will be handling inventory control. Some time ago my company had an inventory program created using Access. My problem is that there is a lot of old inventory items we no longer carry and new items I need to add. Is there any way to delete all the old items at once without having to delete each record individually? Even if I could erase everything and just start fresh...
    Thanks for you help

-M

jya is offline Competent Performer
    Windows XP Access 2007
    Is there a criteria that you can use for determining what records to delete? Just so I understand your knowledge base, have you created queries in Access? Are you familiar with the databases table structure?

I have never used access before...I do have the ability to learn computer programs easily usually by playing with them for a little bit, however I don't want to experiment with their inventory database..ha ha. I just figured there was an easy way to erase everything and start over again...if not I can delete each item individually...just would take some time.

-M

Thanks anyways. I went about it the long way.
    -M

maximus is offline Expert
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit
    this can be done very easily with a delete query. but I would not like to suggest this option to you with out having a knowledge about the relationships in your database. Any ways go database window click on queries click on design if are well versed in sql you can directly create the query in the sql windo if not the select the table you want to delete data from the on the Menu bar click on Query and select Delete Query and the after selectin the require field PLEASE enter the criteria for deleting e.g.
    i want to delete all customers in my customers Table fro canada
    The i will always put "Canada" as a criteria for deleting data for my State field in the Delete Query. If you don't do it properly it will delete all the data in the Table.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.