lnordstrom is offline Novice
    Windows Vista Access 2007

Combobox to show two field values

Hello,

I have a form with a combobox which contains three fields, ID, Category, Subcategory. I have the ID# set to 0", and the other two fields to 1" each. I would like the display box to show both the category and subcategory, but only the category is displaying. How do I display both fields in the combobox?

Thanks!

Lisa

Cheshire101 is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows XP Access 2007
    Are you trying to see them after the user selects from the drop down or just while they are selecting?

1. While they are selecting: On the Property Sheet there is a selection for column count update this to three.

2. After selection still displayed: The only I have found to complete this is to have a filed that updates after the selection is made with the information.

There might be someone out there whos knows a better way for the latter, but it has always worked for me.

lnordstrom is offline Novice
    Windows Vista Access 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheshire101 View Post
    Are you trying to see them after the user selects from the drop down or just while they are selecting?

1. While they are selecting: On the Property Sheet there is a selection for column count update this to three.

2. After selection still displayed: The only I have found to complete this is to have a filed that updates after the selection is made with the information.

There might be someone out there whos knows a better way for the latter, but it has always worked for me.
    Yes, I meant after the user had selected. Sorry, I should have been more clear. When the user clicks the dropdown, they see the category and subcategory,but after selecting, they only see the category. So you are suggesting that I create an additional field that will display both the category and subcategory?

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.