Theremin_Ohio is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit

On Double Click go to Subform

I checked a couple of threads but didn't find quite what I am looking for. I need to use VBA code, I believe, in order to create an "On Dbl Click" event. I would like to assign an event to any field within a specific record.

For example, I have two datasheets, "CustomersTbl" and "OrdersTbl" (respectively, one to many). I created a form for entering and viewing customer contact and account type info from "CustomersTbl", and there is a datasheet at the bottom of the form displaying a list of records from "OrdersTbl". I would like to be able to double-click on any record line within this datasheet and be taken to that record's (order's) associated subform so that I can view all items in a list in the order.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

ajetrumpet is offline VIP
    Windows Vista Access 2007
    you're basically looking at two steps. One for the double click event, where you obviously have to identify the record you're on, and then simply filter the next sub, OR change the recordsource and requery it.

Those are probably the simplest ways to do this sort of thing. They both work with subforms in datasheet view.

Theremin_Ohio is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit

You Lost Me (a bit)

Quote Originally Posted by ajetrumpet View Post
    you're basically looking at two steps. One for the double click event, where you obviously have to identify the record you're on, and then simply filter the next sub, OR change the recordsource and requery it.

Those are probably the simplest ways to do this sort of thing. They both work with subforms in datasheet view.
    ajetrumpet,

I greatly appreciate your response, but I am quite the novice, and I don't really know what to type into the box next to Double Click Event (I know where it is located in Properties). Honestly, I am completely lost about the second step you've mentioned. I'll continue my research here. I'm not opposed to suffering through this. I'm rather enjoying learning a new discipline!

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.