I have two tables, Assocation and inventory. The Association table shows a unique part number, and all the hardware that is associated with that part number. The inventory table has all the associated hardware listed with their unique serial numbers.

I made a form from the association table, and what I would like (need really) to do is when each record comes up, it tells me how many of each inventory part associated with it I have in stock.

Problem is, I may have 20 loadboards, but only 3 are associated with a particular part number. All three loadboards have the same part number, but different serial numbers so they each have their own line in the table. Basically, I want the form to pull the quantity of each inventory part based on the part number, not the quantity listed in the table.

Does this make sense? I have been working on this for days and have no idea how to make it work. Sorry if this has been asked and answered already. I don't even know what keywords to be searching for so my research attempts have failed.

Thanks for your help.