I’m a Newbie who needs some help with many to many relationships and setting up data entry forms correctly.

So far, I’ve set up the following tables and corresponding fields:

co_individual
ind_cst_key (primary key)
ind_prefix
ind_first_name
ind_middle_name
ind_last_name
ind_suffix
ind_credentials

co_customer [junction table]
cst_key (primary key)
cst_ind_key
cst_org_key

co_organization
org_cst_key (primary key)
org_name
org_type
org_acronym

From everything I’ve read, I’ve set up my table and relationships correctly with the primary and foreign keys (ind_cst_key=cst_ind_key & org_cst_key=cst_org_key) and cascading updates and deletions, but I can’t wrap my head around setting up a data entry form correctly so that all forms are updated seamlessly.

I understand that the relationship is just a constraint, dictating what can and cannot be entered into the child table, and not proactive in terms of creating a record on the child when one is created on the parent. My question is how do I set up a data entry form where a user doesn’t have to mess with knowing and entering keys to update all the tables.

When I create a new record in the co_individuals table, how do I set up my tables so that a corresponding record is created on the co_customer table? Currently, I enter a new record on co_individuals and nothing updates in the co_customers table. The same situation exists between co_organization and co_customer.

Thanks for any help!