jrupp82 is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2007

Golf scorecard form

I'm looking for some help on a form I'm trying to create. I'm developing a database to keep track of a Golf League I'm going to be leading at work this summer. I'm new to access, but I think I'm getting the hang of most of it. I did my research on proper normalization of data, and that led me to create many tables, all unique for different "topics": Golfers, Courses, Holes, Events, GolferScores, etc. I'm at the beginning of creating the forms that I want, and I'm spinning my wheels on creating a form to input hole information for each course.

At this point, I have created a main form for Courses, has only course info on it (Name, address, contacts, rates, etc) and I created a Holes subform that is child to Courses. I have the forms linked by "CourseID" (an autonumber field in Courses) and have had no problem getting one form to talk to the other, with conventional form layouts. My problem is, what I want is to be able to have the user see "9" prenumbered, otherwise blank, records to enter the Hole information (white tee par, yards, blue tee, etc). I've used multiple items forms, and while they're ok, they only show as many records as you've entered so far. I researched a couple of ways to limit the amount of records for that form as well, but I still don't like the user interface.

While I will probably be the only user of this database in the end, I'm trying to use this process of creating it as a learning experience for myself. That way I can make databases in the future for whatever need. And as you may guess, I'm a little stubborn when I get my mind on wanting to do something a certain way. If there's anyone with some input out there, I would appreciate it.

Thanks...Josh

jrupp82 is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2007
    Nevermind, I figured it out on my own. Thanks for all the help

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.