bburton is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2007

Prevent Saving of Form

I have constructed a form where a user can open and input data into the form that is then exported into a word format and ready to print. Since this is a form that is going to be used with many people, I do not want the data inputted in the boxes to be accidentally saved by them- So I need to prevent everyone from being able to save it (Except me).

How can I do this? Thanks!

jgelpi16 is offline Expert
    Windows XP Access 2010 32bit
    Is this form bound to a table? If it is bound to a table instead have it entirely unbound and give yourself a passcode or something to unhide a button that when clicked appends all data to a form.

bburton is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2007
    Yes it is bound to a table. Upon trying to solve another problem of mine, it apparently also solves this one as well. I guess one other way was to rename the extension to a .accdr format where it'll only open up the form without any of the toolbars and such. I believe this will work just fine for me.

Thank you for your suggestion though, I will keep that in mind next time I do something like this again.

RuralGuy is offline Administrator
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    Are you ready to use the Thread Tools and mark this thread as Solved?

pkstormy is offline Access/SQL Server Expert
    Windows XP Access 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by bburton View Post
    Yes it is bound to a table. Upon trying to solve another problem of mine, it apparently also solves this one as well. I guess one other way was to rename the extension to a .accdr format where it'll only open up the form without any of the toolbars and such. I believe this will work just fine for me.

Thank you for your suggestion though, I will keep that in mind next time I do something like this again.
    I haven't tried renaming to an *.accdr but after reading up on this on MS's website, I think I would prefer to create an *.accde file versus doing this if the goal was to prevent others from modifying any form designs or coding. Since *.accdr is something new in 2007, I'm always sceptical with 'new' MSAccess features such as these. Especially since it's not 'creating' a 2nd MSAccess file (such as you do with an accde) where you keep the source accdb separately and safe. I would definitely make sure to keep backups of the accdb before renaming it to an accdr.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.