Nice is offline Novice
    Windows Vista Access 2007

mdb file won't open in Windows 7

Hello all, I'm new to this forum. I have been developing in access for many years now and hope to contribute to this board. But for now I need your assistance, here's the problem:

I have this mdb database that I've been evolving through Access 2000, 2003 and 2007. Currently it runs just fine on XP and Vista 32-bit. I just acquired a new Windows 7 64-bit Dell computer and installed Access 2007 32-bit on it. I copied the mdb file from Vista 32b to the Windoes 7 64b system and it won't open?! I get the following message:

The Microsoft Office Access database engine could not find the object 'Databases'. Make sure the object exists and that you spell its name and the path name correctly.

This error is #3011.
    This is too big of a problem it must be a simple issue... I suspect rights of access but I cannot figure it out so far.
    Anybody has an idea? I really need your help on this.

ajetrumpet is offline VIP
    I DON'T know about rights and all that, but it could be corruption. you just copied it, you say? and the dell is running 07 version?

Nice is offline Novice
    Quote Originally Posted by ajetrumpet View Post
    I DON'T know about rights and all that, but it could be corruption. you just copied it, you say? and the dell is running 07 version?
    @#$%&* !!! - So simple... why I did not think of it?! I've lost some 10 hrs on this...
    I copied the file back from W7 to the Vista system and got the same error on Vista than on the W7. Obviously the file was corrupted (?!) when copied from Vista to W7. I copied again using a USB key and it worked on the W7 system !
    I had copied thru the network before, don't understand why it would be corrupted? I still suspect some ownership/rights issues when transferring between the system, I'll work this out later.
    Thanks, you helped me a lot!

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.