cwild is offline Novice
    Windows Vista Access 2010 32bit

Two Forms to One Table

Again I'm sure this is pretty simple,

I have a flight database that I am building up,

I have one table that stores the requested flight,

From that I have a form that the user can enter details on, what I would like to happen is that when the user checks a tickbox a separate little form pops up for them to enter in details of a return airport that is not the same as the normal return.

Ie 9 times out of then the return is to the same airport but every now and again it isn't.

So in effect I have two forms that want to save data to the same table. But I just cannot get the information inserted in the pop up to save in the table never mind the same row as the previously entered data!!

I currently have it all working apart from the save, I even have a box that shows the booking request ref from the previous form (which doesn't close).

Tried looking at the control source but it just doesn't seem to want to work.

Is this me? (it must be it always is!).

Thanks for any time looking into this!

NTC is offline VIP
    Windows Vista Access 2007
    well....writing into the same record at the same time via 2 different forms really isn't an ideal concept.

It is very very common, as an analogy, to have a shipping addr vs a billing addr and 90% they are the same...but if different plz fill in the shipping addr...one doesn't pop up a second form for that...it is all part of the same form cause it is all part of the same record.

Not sure this is the reply that you want to get...yes - you can force the write the first form, freeing up the record so the pop up will be able to then write, and then go back to the main form...but it does seem like alot of gymnastics... consider using a me.dirty=false so that the main form is not editing the record....

Not sure this is as helpful as you would like.

cwild is offline Novice
    Windows Vista Access 2010 32bit
    No it's very helpful thank you, I realise that most of what I am trying to create is just my idea of what looks "nice" it might not however be the most practicle solution for a database.

My husband was a guru back in the day but as he keeps telling me he learnt on windows 94 (or something like that!), so my database has the functionality I'm just tarting it up!

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.