Rosier75 is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2007

Macros??

First time here. Hopefully someone can help. I have a database that opens to a created form. The form has buttons that are assigned macros . When a button is selected, the associated macro runs (for my use, it runs a query, displays the results and closes the initial form). This works great but I have an issue if a user wants to perform an additional search. Currently, they will have to close out the database, reopen it and select from the choices on the initial form.

Is there a way to run a macro based on a specific user action? Ideally, when the user closes the open query results, I want the initial form to open and appear on the screen. Is this possible?

Thanks

ajetrumpet is offline VIP
    Windows Vista Access 2007
    if you want to reopen, don't close it to begin with. why would that be necessary??

you cannot issue code commands on close of a query object, as far as I know, because they don't have vba modules associated with them, again, as far as I know.

another option, would be to display your search results on the bottom of the form itself, sort of like an AJAX operation on a single webpage that doesn't reload or change when a script has to query a mysql or sql server db.

Windows XP Access 2007
    The users of this database are very basic. I was able to get the form to minimize when the appropriate button is selected to run a query. My new problem is that I have to close the form in order to view/select records from the query results. Is there any way around this?

Thanks

Windows XP Access 2007
    Problem solved. Did some research and changed Modal to No

Thanks

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.