wthoffman is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 7 Access 2007

Adding field to report

I am trying to add a field to a report that does not come from the table/query the report is based upon. All the other date shows but the additional field.
    Thanks

weekend00 is offline I may not be right
    Windows XP Access 2003
    since it is not come from the table/query the report is based upon, what do you want to show in the additinal field?

Windows 7 Access 2007
    The information comes from a field in another table and it is a text field

Windows XP Access 2003
    are you showing the same text in the additinal fields for all records? if not, how would you match the records in the reoprt?

please give more details about the other table and the relationship with the table/query in the report.

Windows 7 Access 2007
    The report take information from a number of tables and it works just fine. I am trying to add a field to the report and creat a new report. The difference between the two reports is the additional field I wish to add.

Windows XP Access 2003
    you did not tell me what I asked for, and did not provide any useful information besides you already told me in previous posts.

So my answer will be this:
    create a text box for additional field, put the additional data in this text box.
    absolutely it is not be the answer you need.

since i don't have enough information, what I can say is:
    modify the report's data souce query to include the additional field, or
    use DLOOKUP() function to get data to fill in the additional field.

Windows 7 Access 2007
    I do not know what else I can add to help you the data is stored in a field that is in a form from a table and that data needs to be shown in the report. When I add the field to the report the data does not show up. It is that simple it is acting like the field was not added.

Windows XP Access 2003
    can you modify the report's data souce query to include the additional field?

Windows 7 Access 2007
    I will fool with it some more and if I am not successful I will post again with detailed info on what I have done. Thanks for your help

jgross is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2007
    I have a similar question to the original poster. I've created a simple calendar database where information for all the events on a given project is entered. There is a report that prints all of the events for a given day. Our company uses a color coding system to identify revisions in paper documents (v1 is white, v2 is yellow, v3 is pink, and so on). As changes in the underlying data cause new versions of a day's report, I would like the version to be listed at the top of the page.
    My initial attempt was to place a list box with fixed values in the group header section. I can change the values for each grouping individually in report view, but does changes are not remembered and don't carryover into print preview. I also created a small table containing one record for each version number, but had no better luck as there is no actual relationship between the data in that table and the data in the event data table that forms the basis of the report.
    Is there a way to create and display data to is inherent to the report itself and not a part of the underlying table or query? Thank you for your help and patience.

-Jim

tdanko128 is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2007

This should work for you.

Quote Originally Posted by wthoffman View Post
    The report take information from a number of tables and it works just fine. I am trying to add a field to the report and creat a new report. The difference between the two reports is the additional field I wish to add.

1. This should work: Go to Create Tab And select Query Design.
    2. Add the Tables / Queries that you want to get the information from (You Have to click Add while the table/query is highlighted). Then Click Close.
    3. Once you have that up simply just drag the fields you want to the section below the tables. (Note that if you want to have all fields from one table drag the star).
    4. Then Hit run and you will see the information in a data type sheet.
    5. If that is all the information you want on the report save the query and then go to create tab again.
    6. Highlight the Query in the nav bar then click report in the create tab.

Lemme know if that helps.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.