Dotty is offline Novice
    Windows Vista Access 2007

Problems saving changes in Design View Access 2007

Hi
    I have been creating an Access database for my company from home. During the creation process, I was able to make changes without any problem. The database was then installed on my company’s servers.

I have now been given the database back, and asked to make some changes. However, on this returned copy, I am unable to save any changes I have made. I get an error that says “Action Failed” followed by “add delegates to course new course : Command41 : On click : Error 2950”. A colleague of mine who helped build the database doesn’t have this problem on her home pc.
    If I work on the original copy that I gave my company, I am still able to make changes with no problem. It is only on the returned copy that the problem exists.
    Can anyone explain what I need to do to make the changes?

Thanks

Dotty is offline Novice
    Windows Vista Access 2007
    Hi again. Can anyone help with this Access problem?? I'd really appreciate a push in the right direction. Thanks

Micron is online now Virtually Inert Person
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2007
    Check Tools>References in the vb editor to ensure none are marked missing. Passing the db around from one place to another would likely make some references invalid. IIRC, last time I Googled this error there were all sorts of eventual solutions from various suggestions, meaning it seems to be related to lots of reasons. The main one seems to be that the db is not in a trusted location. The details you provided could be relevant to that situation. To me, the text of the message (assuming there aren't multiple messages depending on the version) suggests you have one or more missing references.
    The more we hear silence, the more we begin to think about our value in this universe.
    Paraphrase of Professor Brian Cox.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.