e.badin is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2003

Smile Access 2003's graphical capabilities

Hi all,

I need to build a barchart mixed with a linechart and was wondering if it's possible to do with just access. It's easy to do in Excel, but was wondering what's Access' position. I noticed you don't have to much control over the series. It looks like a stripped down excel chart.

Thanks!

BTW, barchart + linechart all in one chart.

TheShabz is offline Court Jester
    Windows XP Access 2003
    I think you're asking Access to do something it's not really designed for. To get the best bang for your buck out of MS Office, you should really learn VBA. You can import data from whatever source into Access, query it, export to Excel, create whatever charts you want, create a Word doc describing it, then attach both to an Outlook email and send it off to whoever you want....ALL from a single form in Access. It really is a powerful tool.

A more direct answer, Access reports have some charting tools but they aren't all that great. I'm not sure you can incorporate both into a single chart, but then again, I don't really use the reporting feature in Access.

e.badin is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by TheShabz View Post
    I think you're asking Access to do something it's not really designed for. To get the best bang for your buck out of MS Office, you should really learn VBA. You can import data from whatever source into Access, query it, export to Excel, create whatever charts you want, create a Word doc describing it, then attach both to an Outlook email and send it off to whoever you want....ALL from a single form in Access. It really is a powerful tool.

A more direct answer, Access reports have some charting tools but they aren't all that great. I'm not sure you can incorporate both into a single chart, but then again, I don't really use the reporting feature in Access.
    I always considering VBA and I know the possibilities of coding. On the graphical side I'm not that familiar though. I need to know before spending too much on a dead end scenario. My question was simple, can you do it with just access or not?

TheShabz is offline Court Jester
    Windows XP Access 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by e.badin View Post
    My question was simple, can you do it with just access or not?
    Technically, you can. As I described, you never actually leave Access to do all that stuff I originally mentioned. If you mean "can you do it in Access without controlling any other application", see below

Quote Originally Posted by TheShabz View Post
    Access reports have some charting tools but they aren't all that great. I'm not sure you can incorporate both into a single chart, but then again, I don't really use the reporting feature in Access.
    Hopefully someone else has a more definitive answer to the latter.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.