Dip8324 is offline Novice
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2007

Reducing the List items on a combo box after selection

Hello,

Is there a way to limit the item list in a combo box after you make selection and move to the next record. For example, if the combo box had a list of numbers 1 to 20, once you select 1 then on the next record where you have to use the same combo box to make a selection, you only see 2 to 20 because 1 has already been selected and prevents data entry error (i.e. double entry of the same item). Once the main task is complete, the combo box has to be reset i.e. once you close the main form.

Thanks.

Dip8324

ajetrumpet is offline VIP
    Windows Vista Access 2007
    yes you can, and there are a number of ways to do it.

perhaps it would be best if you told us what you need to do it. Just arbitrarily giving a solution to something like this isn't really advisable I would say, here, because the logic behind it makes it sound like it might not need to be done that way. Do you have any more info to offer as to why this has to be done?

And what about your other post with the combo boxes? Did anything come of that? Problem solved, etc?

Adam,

Yes. Problem solved on the previous problem. I just posted my response and the fixed database. I don't know how to mark the thread as "solved".

My company is a tradinding firm (middle man) that receieves orders from customers and buys the same items from another company (vendors).
    I am trying to prepare the purchase order(PO) form that has the PO Details subform attached to it for the line items ordered.
    In the main PO form, i select the customer from a combo box. Then in the second combo box i get a filtered list of the orders for this customer. I then select an order (for which i want to prepare a PO) in this combo box and get a filter list of items on that order in the third combo box. I then select an item from this items list to add item to the PO Details subform.
    Once this is done and i add a new line item (record) in the PO Details subform, i do not want to see the item that was already selected before (in the items list combo box). Any ideas on how to do this or a better way of doing what i am trying to do would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Dip8324

Here is the attachement just in case someone needs to see it.
    Click on the "frmPurchaseOrder" to see what i am talking about.

wileysam is offline Novice
    Windows Vista Access 97
    I have a similar problem, but couldn't get the OrderDatabase Test to work (an "accdb file?).
    What I'm trying to do is select a company from a combo box, and after selecting a company, on the next combo box will only show its projects and not all projects.
    The underlying basis for the form is a query, and the combo boxes use queries. I try to get the second combo box to use the criteria of the result of the first combo selection, but that isn't working. I don't know whether to start a new thread or stay with this one. Thanks.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.