louise is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2013

Where's the focus with form, subform, and listbox

Hello,
    I have a problem that relates to scrollbars, mouse wheels, and -- I think-- where the focus is.

I have a form for some information to be entered, and then a subform based on another table, where more info is entered. The subform has only one field -- a listbox where multiple selections will be made, too many options to show at one time. So, the user must be able to scroll/wheel down as she checks off items in the list.

The problem is moving down through these options in the listbox. The wheel and scroll bar do not work. Thinking the problem was where the "focus" is, I suggested to the user that she click on the subform's vertical bar (with arrow and pencil) to get the focus into the subform and that the wheel and scroll bar should then work. But it doesn't always! And sometime you wheel several times and then it works. And sometimes (the user says) the vertical bar doesn't even show.

And, now I don't know if I want a scroll bar on the subform or the listbox! or, how to do one or both.

Any help would be appreciated! I am in a mess.
    Thanks.

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit
    Control or object must have focus for the scroll bar to work. Scroll bar doesn't show unless there are more records than can be displayed.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

JeroenMioch is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit
    I think you automaticly get a scrollbar when you hit 16 rows. I dont see any option to disable it.
    But it sounds like a bug. You might wanna try creating a new listbox and see how that behaves.

ItsMe is offline Sometimes Helpful
    Windows 8 Access 2013
    It may be that all of the available records are not loaded into memory. Dynasets will retrieve some of the records and continue to receive additional records as the user demands more records to be viewed.

One option may be to change the recorsource/rowsource type to Snapshot. However, snapshots are not updatable,where dynasets are updateable.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.