XenoZephyr is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit

Question Is the size of all listboxes are tied together on a subform? Can I fix this?

I have a subform that I use on two different forms. The subform consists of 4 dropdown listboxes (with the values pulled from other tables) and a date field.

. At first when I would click on a listbox it would open a list of values that would take up the entire screen, so I found that if I could resize the subform to be a lot smaller. However, this appears to be an all or nothing fix. The problem is that I have 2 listboxes with values that are only 4 characters long and then I have 2 other listboxes that the length of characters is about 40-50. So, now when I open up one of the smaller listboxes, the scroll bar is way over to the right in order to compensate for the length of the other listboxes.

Hope I've made that clear.

Is there a way that I can tell it to open up a listbox with the minimal size instead of using the size of the subform itself? Or is there a way to click on the fields in the subform and change them interdependently? (Which I've been trying to do all morning but it only seems to change all of them at once)

Thanks much!

rpeare is offline VIP
    Windows XP Access 2003
    it sounds like you're using a combo box, not a list box.

If you can upload a sample of your database (make a copy, dump or change any sensitive information and just put in enough data to simulate your problem, then zip the file and upload it) if you upload a version of 2003 I can look at it (you'll have to convert your sample db).

LillMcGill is offline Dagny fan
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit
    In versions 2007 and 2010, by default controls are all connected in a "layout". I don't care for this. Right-click on a control and choose Layout > Remove Layout.

Missinglinq is offline VIP
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2007
    Richmond (Virginia, not North Yorkshire!)
    Quote Originally Posted by LillMcGill View Post
    In versions 2007 and 2010, by default controls are all connected in a "layout". I don't care for this. Right-click on a control and choose Layout > Remove Layout.
    I don't care for it either, but that only occurs when using the Form Wizard
    to create a Form or maybe when dragging Fields onto the Form (don't really remember) but not when dragging Controls off of the Ribbon, as when creating Comboboxes.

The width of a Combobox, when it drops down, is controlled by the List Width Property. Try selecting a Combobox, then go to Properties - Format and set the List Width Property appropriately.

Linq ;0)>
    The problem with making anything foolproof...is that fools are so darn ingenious!

All posts/responses based on Access 2003/2007

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.