Soule is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows Vista Access 2007

Another Permutation of Invisible Form Records

Hi, All,
    Yet another version of the problem of invisible records in Form View.

First, I have a .accdb 2007 form that...

1) Has a query SELECT/FROM record source and a "Dynaset (Inconsistent updates) recordset type.
    2) Has controls that are bound to two tables. The two tables have primary keys of the same name and data type.
    3) Has one control that is a listbox bound to a query that gets its data from my detail/secondary table.
    4) Has no "bound" errors in any control.

My detail table only has two fields. One is a date, which is bound to a date control on the form. I need to repeat one of the fields in this detail table in my master table in order to associate an employee with a code (I know this is poor database structure, but in this case, it needs to be done somehow). I repeated a field ("code") and made it the primary key in both tables to do this. In order to populate my master table with the "code" value from my listbox (bound to my detail table), I created an non-enabled form control that is sourced to the "code" field in the master table and populates on a lost focus event of the listbox.

The listbox based on the query populates fine.

Secondly, here is my question: Is there anything in the above description that would prevent me from seeing the 15 records in my master table?

There's records in every primary key record in the master and detail tables. The Form "Data Entry" property is set to "No". The Form Detail "Visible" property is set to "Yes". For flexibility; the "Allow Additions" property is set to "Yes".

I know I can't simply change the source control of the form off from a query because it references multiple tables. There seems to be no end to the permutations Microsoft can come up with that cause this problem. Shoddy products - just like Steve Jobs said.

I'm trying to keep this post simple, so i'm only going to post the names of everything if they are requested. Thanks for considering this. Any input, no matter how small will be appreciated.

This post is also posted here http://www.utteraccess.com/forum/Per...-t1980986.html

Frank

To further illuminate this problem --

I have a calculated control listbox sourced to a detail table that I want to populate another control sourced to my master table on lostfocus or afterupdate event prodecure.

and similarly,

I have a second text box date control that I want to do the same thing.

My question is: Does this configuration ITSELF cause records to not show up in form view?

Solved!

Because my listbox was bound to a query, the data in the listbox's control source and its row source had to be parallel. I still had test data in my master table the box was control sourced to.

Whew!

Thanks to all who perused this post!

Best,

Frank

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.