koncreat is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 10 Access 2016

Database for PM's

I am creating a database for our maintenance department to use for preventive maintenance on manufacturing equipment. We have PM’s that have to be completed at different intervals. We have monthly, quarterly, bi-annual and annual. So once a PM is completed the next time it will be done again will be according to the how often it is done and the last completion date.
    They are asking for these to show up on screen when they are needed to be done again. It has several machines and PM procedures so I am thinking of creating a table for each machine that would contain the PM that machine will get and a date field that would contain the last completion date.
    What I a having a hard time with is 1) so if a machine has a PM, how frequent doesn’t matter, how do I get it to show up in the form? 2) Once the PM is complete and they enter the data in the database I need to update the machines table for that PM with the completion date and also keep the data that was entered for historyI am creating a database for our maintenance department to use for preventive maintenance on manufacturing equipment. We have PM’s that have to be completed at different intervals. We have monthly, quarterly, bi-annual and annual. So once a PM is completed the next time it will be done again will be according to the how often it is done and the last completion date.
    They are asking for these to show up on screen when they are needed to be done again. It has several machines and PM procedures so I am thinking of creating a table for each machine that would contain the PM that machine will get and a date field that would contain the last completion date.
    What I a having a hard time with is 1) so if a machine has a PM, how frequent doesn’t matter, how do I get it to show up in the form? 2) Once the PM is complete and they enter the data in the database I need to update the machines table for that PM with the completion date and also keep the data that was entered for history

Micron is online now Virtually Inert Person
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    The more we hear silence, the more we begin to think about our value in this universe.
    Paraphrase of Professor Brian Cox.

ranman256 is offline VIP
    Windows Vista Access 2010 32bit
    With the tVehicle table,
    you'd need tVehMaint for the history of maint. You could also add a partial record with the Target scheduled next maintenance.

VehID, MaintItem, Targetdate, DateComplete, TechID

You could also have a tMaintSchedules
    VehID, MaintItem,frequency
    123, Oil Change, 6,mos
    123, tune up, 12, mos

Using tMaintSchedule would write the future record to tVehMaint.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.