Sharing Forms using Access

Hello everyone,

I have a general question about Microsoft access' Forms.

I understand that it is possible to design your own form in this program. However, once designed, is it possible to send only that form to specific users, and once they complete that form, the answers would automatically be placed in the database?

Thanks!

In a way. You would have to control who can access that form. The results would be placed into the backend database.

You would not 'send' that form. It would be in the frontend DB that each person has their own copy of.
    Please use # icon on toolbar when posting code snippets.
    Cross Posting: https://www.excelguru.ca/content.php?184
    Debugging Access: https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...bug+access+vba

Thank you for your reply. Just to follow up. Would other users require Access to fill that form?

CJ_London is offline VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    Would other users require Access to fill that form?
    yes - if they don't have a full version, the free runtime version can be installed instead (runtime does not have a navigation window, a limited ribbon and no right click menus, so if your app requires any of these then you will need to 'grow your own')

Normal setup for access in a 'production' environment (as opposed to development) would be for the tables only to be in a backend file on a server and each user has a copy of the front end (containing everything else - forms, reports, queries, modules, macros) on their local machine linked to the back end, preferably with a UNC path rather than using a mapped drive path.

On the matter of 'sending a form', I've not tried it by sending to users but you can drag the form to your desktop which creates a shortcut to the form. Clicking on the shortcut will open the form together with the access environment (which is still required). Whether that will work by sending the shortcut to users, I don't know, you would have to try it.

If this form is for a survey, you might be better looking at subscribing to to something like surveymonkey. Otherwise perhaps expand on what you want to do, there may be other options

Micron is offline Virtually Inert Person
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    Forms don't hold data - the table or query that it is bound to holds the data. The form is the display device so no you cannot send only the form anywhere for completion. You should learn about splitting an Access database if you're going to share anything with others.
    The more we hear silence, the more we begin to think about our value in this universe.
    Paraphrase of Professor Brian Cox.

Ok thanks everyone. My questions have been answered. This could be closed.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.