prouddaughter is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2007

Contact Details subform Showing ALL records

Hi:

Have found help in various posts while I build my database for DVD rentals for our small country store. Was going to start from scratch, but discovered the template for Lending Library and thought it would spare me some time and effort.

Have experience building Access Databases, but it's been a while and I'm a bit rusty...

Been playing around with the Lending Library template and making it my own. I changed the tables and the relationships, since I noticed every table in the template had the same Primary Key (ID). Not good design, huh?

Managed to make some progress and added additional reports, etc. My only REAL problem right now, (and this is inherit from the template), is this:

The Contact Details Form's subform named Current Lending, pulls up ALL movies lent to customers, regardless of who rented them. Obviously there is something wrong with the query, and it's not filtering the information for each customer. I'm sure it's missing adjoining fields.

The easiest way to rectify this, is for me to upload the DB and have someone take a look and attempt to fix this, instead of me banging my head against the wall.

I have backups, so I don't mind if someone modifies the db, then I can put some minor touches to complete this project.

Thanks in advance,
    Marion
    Last edited by RuralGuy; 01-20-2012 at 04:49 PM. Reason: Attached the zip file

aytee111 is offline Competent At Times
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit
    That is the way it has been designed. What would you like to change about it? All the tabs reference all the customers, not just the Current Lending one.

Thanks for your quick reply. The only major thing I would like to change is the have the capability to bring up individual history for each customer.

Say we are looking at "Camille Causewell" on the Contact Detail form. I want to be able to pull up any current rented DVD's on one subform and then show Camille Causewell's history on second subform; Lending History and Current Lending subforms.

This would be a huge help for our store.

Hope those details answer your question.

aytee111 is offline Competent At Times
    Windows 7 32bit Access 2010 32bit
    I would change it in this manner:

- add a combo box to the main form - have it contain the list of customers and get the user to select a customer from the drop down list
    - change each subform to link to that name (using the Link Master and Link Child properties)

That way all three subforms will show only the customer they selected. Remove the ability to got through all the customers on the first tab

Thanks, I will give that a try this weekend. I will get back with you and post the results.

Have a great weekend.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.