johnmerlino is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows XP Access 2007

Access license

Hey all,

When you purchase an access license from microsoft online, how many computers can you install it on? For example, when purchasing Adobe Photoshop, you can install Photoshop and use the license on three different computers. However, when you try to install it on a fourth computer and use the license, activation will fail. What's the procedure for Access?

Also, since there's no cd, must you always have to download the trial version in order to put the license?

Thanks for response.

ajetrumpet is offline VIP
    Windows Vista Access 2007
    if there is no cd john, I would assume you got a product key after you gave them the money for the product.

technically, you should only be able to install any program once. and I'm surprised that online activation can get through 3 times with photoshop. that shouldn't really happen, unless maybe the source is coming from the same IP address. that would be the only reason I would see that the remote server could authenticate the same person (or close).

my office cd's, all of them, lets me activate the product online 2 or 3 times as well, as I've never understood this. I would guess that it is the same for access.

and as far as trial versions, everything with ms packages are trial versions until you press that good old "activate" button on the splash screen. either by phone or interenet, right?

isn't that the way it's still done with them?

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.