Hello one and all,

First off just let me state my level expertise with Access......that is to say I have none LOL. I am a complete newbie when it comes down to it. I am diving in at the deep end and working on 3 databases for work. I will admit that I do know the very very basics...I can create table and forms and have them work to add data to the tables but that is about it

As I said diving well and truly in at the deep end so I am hoping a few people here will be kind enough to help me out. And I will also apologise straight up if I get the terminology wrong.....from past experiences....not knowing the right terminology can be a huge hinderance in searching for help....but I will try my best.

Ok so here is my first question;

Is it possible to attach a file to a record through a button on a form? The file in question will most likely be a PDF, DOC or EXCEL file.

Ideally I would like the file actually "attached" to the the record and stored in the same location as the database, if this is not possible I would like the form to contain a button so that upon review of the record in question a user can click "View file" button and it will open the required file.

Any help tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a million in adavance!

David

PS: If any more info is required please just shout and I will provide what I can.