bjr001 is offline Novice
    Windows 7 Access 2010 (version 14.0)

Receiving error message on form after a system crash

Hello,

Yesterday while I was on Mozilla Browser, the browser stopped working and consequently locked up the computer. I had Access open as well as other programs. I restarted the computer by holding down the power key. After the system came up I went into Access and noticed an error in a couple of text boxes on one form. Even the navigation buttons didn’t work on this form.

Mind you, this form and database were working properly before the crash. I checked the code and it looked corrected. I then removed one of the text boxes that displayed a problem and then the form worked fine again. However, later I discovered if I closed the DB and Access and reopened it I would encounter the same problem as before. Before I realized this I had created a couple of text fields in the main table. I added them to the form I was using and all worked fine. I thought all was fine until I closed down the DB and reopen it.

I removed one the fields from the form and all worked fine until I restart the DB. The message I’m receiving if I try to use the simple navigational buttons or the simple VB code I have on a checkbox is, see attachment. I compacted and rebuild the DB and no solution.

Any help will be appreciated.

RuralGuy is offline Administrator
    Windows 7 Access 2010 (version 14.0)
    Start by *importing* everything into a new, fresh db and see if the problem follows. http://www.btabdevelopment.com/ts/impnew

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.