thekruser is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows XP Access 2007

Arrow Duplicate a business form in an Access Report (add blank records to a report)

What I have:
    My employer has several paper-based forms that we use daily. These forms are standardized and thus cannot be changed. Many of these forms are 'spreadsheet style' forms in which employees fill in the boxes by hand, enter into my db, then file the handwritten copy for the record.

What I am trying to do:
    I would like to incorporate these forms within Access, as the vast majority of the paper records we have are unreadable -- some due to age, others due to it appearing as though the person filling it out was having a seizure as they wrote.

The problem:

Creating the header, footer, and 'grid' surrounding the records in the Access form is the easy part. It is filling in the space between the bottom of the last record and the top of the footer with blank 'cells' (for lack of a better term) that is causing me to want to suck-start a shotgun. If I successfully incorporate these forms, they will be printed multiple times daily by many different individuals, each with different number of records based on different criterion, so adding 'blank' records to fill the report is not a viable option (I tried...wound up with about 500 blank records in my table by the end of the day).

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for your time. Have a good day.

HiTechCoach is offline MS MVP - Access Expert
    Windows 7 Access 2010 (version 14.0)
    Check put these links: Access Reports - Tips and Tricks

Look for "How to Print a Constant Number of Lines Per Group"

Windows XP Access 2007
    Thank you for your help. The link provided on the page you suggested explains it, but I found that http://support.microsoft.com/kb/119073 explains it better. Specifically step 4. I followed the directions on the link you provided and it would not work. When I looked closer, I found the problem and corrected it. Just thought I would let you know.

Windows XP Access 2007
    Another point/question. This method works fantastically...for page one. In my case, my form needs a total of 37 lines. I adjusted accordingly, but an issue arises when you have more than 37 records. Numers 38 and above moves to the next page and still leaves blanks. Something to look at in the future.

HiTechCoach is offline MS MVP - Access Expert
    Windows 7 Access 2010 (version 14.0)
    Quote Originally Posted by thekruser View Post
    Thank you for your help. The link provided on the page you suggested explains it, but I found that http://support.microsoft.com/kb/119073 explains it better. Specifically step 4. I followed the directions on the link you provided and it would not work. When I looked closer, I found the problem and corrected it. Just thought I would let you know.
    Glad you found one that explained it for you.

PS: They looked identical in instructions to me. I only saw a few formatting/style differences.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.