Can Access do what I want?

I am new to Access and would like to know if this program can do what I need.

I own a console gaming center, I want to track when my customers are in, who my customers are, what games they play, what they buy and how often, and how much they spend. I would like to print out daily reports with this info.

I want to be able to find customers who haven't been in for a while and send them a coupon.

Can access do all that for me? (I think it can).
    Now the tough question... will I be able to build this database myself or should I go back to hunting for software that is already made?

Thanks!

Dear CoachEqualizer,

MS Access can cover all these requirements.

You can build your system by yourself ... you may need to buy MS Access learning book to know the guidelines.

I think the first step is to make breakdown for your requirements and start with simple database to cover one item only ... for example to make database for your custmors ...

You can also check MS Access templates like Northwind or Asset tracking.

You can start your database and I can advice you whenever you need.

Thanks

Ahmed

Thanks for the quick reply! I am sitting here looking at two "For Dummies" books: Access 2007 and Access 2007 Forms and Reports.... with your encouragement I will push on!!

Coach

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.