allykid is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2003

Need help on initial design

Ok... here is the situation... I am attempting to create a database that tracks the user entitlements over 41 individual systems. There are 500 total users of the 41 systems and some users overlap between systems. All 41 systems do not have the same entitlements so it is difficult to fit all on one table.

I need a form that has some basic user information (which I already created). I would like to be able to show which systems they have access to on that page. It would be nice to have a combo box on that same main form showing the systems they have access and when you click the system takes you to another form with their entitlements...

Anyone have any good ideas on where to start?

ajetrumpet is offline VIP
    Windows Vista Access 2007
    thought you were already working on it: https://www.accessforums.net/program...tion-9175.html

sounds like a simple data lookup issue really. If the data is in your table, simply set the rowsource of a cbox to some sql statement that pulls the data out. wouldn't that work?

allykid is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by ajetrumpet View Post
    thought you were already working on it: https://www.accessforums.net/program...tion-9175.html

sounds like a simple data lookup issue really. If the data is in your table, simply set the rowsource of a cbox to some sql statement that pulls the data out. wouldn't that work?

Ok... so I have tblUsers, tblXYZ and tblABC. frmUsers is pulling the information from tblUsers. I have cmbSystems... User 1234 has access to system XYZ but not ABC. How would you be able to distinguish that within the combo box?

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.