An oldie but newbie

My Access skills are basic at best, but I have to put together a project and I am having a heck of a time figuring out how to do this.

I've searched this forum, Microsoft's site, and all the tutorials, sample databases, and tips-n-tricks sites I could find and can't seem to get a handle on what I need to do.

Which, in basic terms, is this:

I have numbered documents (doc#s) that go into boxes. Boxes are sent to off-site storage marked with a box number and the range of doc#s it contains which we keep sequential - 1-1000, 1001-2150, 2151-3109, like that.

Now and then we need a document copied and sent back. We do that by faxing the box number and doc# to the storage site and they send back copies of the documents requested.

My database has box numbers, start doc#, end doc#, and other information. I can query >=start and <=end to get the box number I want, but...

I'd like the user to enter a doc#, have the found record go into a table, and be able to enter another doc#, and so on, until he has a table with all the records that correspond to his list of docs AND each record also containing the corresponding doc# he entered.

I can then output that table to a report that is in fact a fax sheet listing the doc#s to be copied and all the info the storage site needs to find the right boxes.

When the fax list/report is printed, I no longer need the table built by the query.

Does anyone know of any sample databases, tutorials, etc, that might have something in this vein and could help me figure this out?
    Last edited by GTodd; 06-17-2008 at 12:50 PM. Reason: forgot something

I guess that's a 'no.'

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.