pickolizac is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2003

Importing Excel into Access with few requirements

Hello all,

Im fairly familiar with access as i use it as a front end to my database. I have created a wizard which goes through couple steps from selecting Import file which is excel with maybe couple of rows with serial numbers in it. This import file can contain but not have to couple of columns. Also it might contain Headers or not and lastly it might have some empty rows between each serial. This data is then processed and then the user selects where to save the exported file with a lot of information in it.

Now i have solved the issue of prompting a user to choose which column the data starts at (ex. A1 or B1 etc...)

Now i have two questions that i need help with and i tried searching online but had no luck.

First Question:

During the wizard stage i would like to include a check mark that would be IF its checked then it will know that this imported file has headers and it will start at A2 instead of A1! Any information that you can share on this issue would be helpful. I don't mind coding anything or if there is a simple way im willing to listen and try anything.

Second Question:

My second question is about the blank rows, when i import the excel file if there are empty rows between filled in rows is there a way to skip them and then on the export sheet just show the rows that were there on the first excel sheet?

Thanks for looking in and any help in advance

thhui is offline Competent Performer
    Windows XP Access 2002 (version 10.0)
    1st Question: You should use VBA Code to import data from excel instead of just useing the wizard. Then you can set rules to control the process wholly.

2nd Question: After import. You can run a query to delete the blank rows in acees.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.