allykid is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2003

Combo Box

Can I access a table when I choose a selection in a combo box?

Rawb is offline Expert
    Windows XP Access 2000
    Yes.

Now that I've given you a completely unhelpful answer, let me go int a little more detail. . .

You can access a table based on a Combo Box selection, however, doing so will require some sort of Macro or VBA Code. You probably won't be able to do it using any of Access' available Wizards.

If you'd like, I'm sure someone here can help you set it up. However, we're going to need more information.

allykid is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawb View Post
    Yes.

Now that I've given you a completely unhelpful answer, let me go int a little more detail. . .

You can access a table based on a Combo Box selection, however, doing so will require some sort of Macro or VBA Code. You probably won't be able to do it using any of Access' available Wizards.

If you'd like, I'm sure someone here can help you set it up. However, we're going to need more information.

Rawb,

Basically, I am trying to create a database to tracks users within multiple systems. I have 4 tables that are based on user ids. There are a few user ids that overlap, because a user can have multiple access to systems. I have a main form page with user information and I want to include the combo box to list the systems. I would like to choose one of the systems and it open either a table or form with the user entitlements.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.