TOPSie is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 10 Access 2016

Integrating Access to the modern world

I do a bit of tech support for a warehouse and distribution company. An Access system controls everything. Each morning vans are loaded and the driver has a paper route (Google Maps is integrated) and a batch of paper invoices. The customer signs the invoice on delivery and many still pay cash. The driver returns to base and the paper invoice/proof of delivery notes are manually entered into the system.Can anyone recommend a solution of hand held terminals that can be integrated into an Access system in any way?? Names of companies who deliver such solutions etc etcThanks

Edgar is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 8 Access 2016
    In the end, all you need is data and files stored in the cloud. There are many cloud services, I like Firebase for its simplicity and non stop availability, but there are others. You could also set up a web server that lets you handle that stuff on your own, it will be arguably cheaper but you have to take care of the maintenance, backing up and knowing what to do when it goes down, if that happens. The latter is perhaps the better option. Then, from Access, only store the things that need to be online and retrieve them when you need them, the rest is handled by Access.

Anyway, I hope you find a pre-packaged solution that is not complex and works natively for Access. Most solutions will likely require web technologies, not Access. Still, I hope someone knows some nice tool for that. I can assist you if you want to go for a custom one.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.