DBenz is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit

Make a form open a form and records from another access dbase ?

Access2013.

I open a dbase and checking through the forms, one of them says it cannot find the .mdb file.

Its showing and older form when in design view. I need to have it open the current form for that dbase.

As I am in the process of altering the .mdb to .accdb I need also to point that form to the .accdb file.

However for the moment I cannot even see how one makes a form then has it bring in the form from another dbase.

If one wants to create a form name in Forms, and bring in the form from another access dbase file, how is that done ?

I open the form in design view and click on the black square top left corner but don’t see anywhere in properties an address to the form in the other .mdb file.
    i.e I cant see how it knows its supposed to look for another .mdb file and display a certain form from it.

Maybe one creates the entire form all over again then points it to a table in another dbase. or maybe one can copy paste the form into this dbase from the other one to save all that redrawing. then how to have it pull in data from the source forms table ?

DBenz

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    Not really understanding issue. What does "makes a form then has it bring in the form from another dbase" mean?

How does form "say" it can't find mdb? What code is run?

Objects can be imported from another db.

An MDB can be opened and saved as ACCDB.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

ranman256 is offline VIP
    Windows Vista Access 2010 32bit
    You CAN open data in another db using linked tables and NOT have to actually open the other db.
    Would this work?

Micron is online now Virtually Inert Person
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    If you want forms/reports from another db to show in the current db, pretty sure you have to set the db that contains the needed form(s) as a reference in the vb editor. Been a long time since I've ever referenced another db, so not sure.
    The more we hear silence, the more we begin to think about our value in this universe.
    Paraphrase of Professor Brian Cox.

orange is online now Moderator
    Windows 10 Office 365
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada; West Palm Beach FL
    If I open database A, I can selected External Data, then New Data Source, then from Database Access, then select the database B that contains the form you want, then select the form (and any other object(s) you want, then import to database A.

You could describe your specific set up and requirement in more detail --- there appears to be some confusion in your post.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.