smatchymo is offline Novice
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 64bit

Excel power query linked to access query opens query related spreadsheets and returns an error

I have an Access Database with a few linked spreadsheets: supplier list, contact list, and prepaid freight thresholds. I want the spreadsheets to be linked because they are being updated with new information occasionally. The query works without any issues in the access database. I have a power query in excel linked to this query and it worked at first, but within a few attempts it started opening up the spreadsheets used in the query. I first get a notification saying "'particular file.xlsx' is now available for editing. Choose Read-Write to open it for editing." I think I've gotten a couple different error messages after selecting cancel instead of Read-Write, but one that I'm for sure getting is "[Expression.Error] The key didn't match any rows in the table." What am I doing wrong?

I have a couple of other spreadsheets that have queries linked to Access queries and they work fine without opening any spreadsheets, but the person that created those no longer works with the company.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.