cebrower is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2010 32bit

Print report to Dymo LabelWriter

I have a report with 2 text fields that goes to a Dymo label printer. See attached. The order might have multiple line items, so it loops through a hidden form printing one label for each line item. The problem is that it prints each field on a separate label. The customer is on one label and the product description is on the next label. So for an order with 10 line items I get 20 labels instead of 10. Any suggestions?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Label.JPG  

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    That does seem odd. What do you mean by 'loops' - some VBA code? Post that procedure.

Why do you need looping code? Why are you referencing fields of form instead of binding report to records?
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

CJ_London is online now VIP
    what is the size of the actual label? Needs to be around 15/16th of an inch based on your report image

The idea is to print one label for each item on an order. The user clicks a button on the order entry form. This triggers some VBA code that opens a form displaying the items on the order in datasheet view and prints the report for each record. This feature is normally used in May when we ship certain products (we grow plants) to certain customers. It worked perfectly last May, but the Dymo printer was damaged this winter and replaced with the exact same model. Since then it has been printing the customer name on one label and the product description on the next so I get twice the number of labels.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails LabelCode.JPG  

The actual label is 3 1/2" wide X 1 1/8" tall. Avery 4150

CJ_London is online now VIP
    perhaps it is a setting in the printer - it thinks it is using a different size label

June7 is online now VIP
    Code should be posted as formatted text between CODE tags, not as an image.
    Or provide db for analysis. Follow instructions at bottom of my post.

I'm still not understanding why you use looping code as opposed to setting report to force new page after each record - a page being a label. I don't even understand how this recordset is relevant to the procedure. Its data is not used. If you open it only to determine if there is data to report and number of records, a DCount() can accomplish that.

Exactly how does the report get data? Seems to me the form references would return the same values repeatedly within loop.

I have never seen this sort of setup.
    Last edited by June7; 05-16-2023 at 10:09 PM.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

I don't know what I was thinking. I changed it so a query selects the appropriate records and that becomes the data source for the report. Thanks everyone.

June7 is online now VIP
    I don't use dynamic parameters in queries. I prefer to apply filter criteria to forms and reports.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.