Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Jeff Beck is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2013 64bit

Printing Images

I have been using a report which used to show images as part of the report. All of a sudden, some images print and other don't. I think there is some overall option, but I don't know what it is. Anyone have a suggestion?

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    Nothing has changed? Software updates? DB design? Try a different computer? Different printer?

If you want to provide db for analysis, follow instructions at bottom of my post.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Gicu is offline VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2013 32bit
    Check the size of the files that do not print, usually when embedded in a report the file size should not be more than a couple MBs, yet todays cameras produce very large files.

Cheers,
    Vlad Cucinschi
    MS Access Developer
    http://forestbyte.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Gicu View Post
    Check the size of the files that do not print, usually when embedded in a report the file size should not be more than a couple MBs, yet todays cameras produce very large files.

Cheers,
    I've reduced the file sizes to around 9KB, and 2 of around 12 images show. The other 10 don't. Could there be some database option affecting the showing of the images?

Micron is offline Virtually Inert Person
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    I would suggest maybe a one second pause between report prints as a test. Assuming the images are linked and not embedded, the report may be printing before the image can finish loading. If you search this forum for "Function Pause" you should get at least one hit.

Actually, I just did that search for you and found this
    https://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=87922&highlight=Function+Pause

EDIT - if it works at all you might have to increase the delay. BTW, I assumed the images are in separate reports i.e. one report is ok, next maybe not.
    The more we hear silence, the more we begin to think about our value in this universe.
    Paraphrase of Professor Brian Cox.

Thanks for the hint, but the images are embedded in the form, and I do a Print Preview before printing. They still don't show up.

Micron is offline Virtually Inert Person
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    So these are background images or images embedded in command buttons? AFAIK you cannot embed images in records. You can store them in table records though. You probably should clarify where/what these are.
    The more we hear silence, the more we begin to think about our value in this universe.
    Paraphrase of Professor Brian Cox.

Gicu is offline VIP
    I agree that you should clarify your setup, in the original post you mention a report yet in post # 6 you're talking about a form. Are you using image controls to display the images? If yes, how are you changing the image from record to record, are you changing the control source or the .Picture property?

A small db sample would help or at least some code and screenshots with your settings.

Cheers,
    Vlad Cucinschi
    MS Access Developer

Quote Originally Posted by Gicu View Post
    I agree that you should clarify your setup, in the original post you mention a report yet in post # 6 you're talking about a form. Are you using image controls to display the images? If yes, how are you changing the image from record to record, are you changing the control source or the .Picture property?

A small db sample would help or at least some code and screenshots with your settings.

Cheers,
    This attachment (zipped word file) shows the Source Table holding the images. Image Problem 1.zip
    I'll do another thread with the report using the images.
    Image Problem 2.zip

Actually it appears the report attachment was included.

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    Not sure Word docs with screenshots of db will really help us analyze issue.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Gicu is offline VIP
    I do not used attachment fields to store the images or other files inside the database tables as they bloat the db (however I did use Blob datatype with Oracle back-ends and NVARCHAR(MAX) with SQL Server back-ends as they don't present the same problem).

In your case I suggest you try to replace the attachment field with one having Short Text as data type and store the paths to the files instead.

Cheers,
    Vlad Cucinschi
    MS Access Developer

the images that print: are they the same type of images? For instance are they all .jpg or do they have a different format example: .png versus .jpg?

Quote Originally Posted by NoellaG View Post
    the images that print: are they the same type of images? For instance are they all .jpg or do they have a different format example: .png versus .jpg?
    some are .jpg and some .png, both types have some printing and some not printing.

Access Zipped Database

F 2022 Test.zip

This is the zipped Database. Maybe someone could look at this and give me an idea of how to fix.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.