CammieE is offline Novice
    Windows 11 Access 2016

Subform is not populating table

I am using a subform with a combo box to auto-populate two fields. Once an item ID is selected, the description of the item and unit of measure (UOM) is auto-populated. The description nor the UOM is being populated in my table. I have three tables: Inventory, Projects, and Summary Bill of Materials (SBOM) The item ID, description and UOM should be populating the SBOM table. However, only the item ID is populating it.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Micron is online now Virtually Inert Person
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    Likely because you're not committing the record. You'd have to leave the record to update it automatically. That can be done by
    - moving focus to the next or previous or new record on the subform
    - moving focus to a control or record on the main form
    The more we hear silence, the more we begin to think about our value in this universe.
    Paraphrase of Professor Brian Cox.

There is not enough information!

In form-subform setup, you have either main form based on some table, or unbound main form. And you have a subform based on another table, where primary key of this table is matching either with field in main form's source table in case of bound main form, or with unbound control on main form. The records and fields in subform are populated automatically whenever the linked control in main form does change.

From your post i can't understand, where is your combo - in main form, or in subform. When it is in subform, then only way selecting a new value in it does change what is displayed in other controls in subform is those controls being unbound ones, which have some formulas as source. No way this is changing other bound controls automatically. When it is in main form, and it must be a master control, then the subform not updating means, that you haven't set LinkMasterField and LinkChildFields properties of subform properly.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.