NDBCaccess is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2007

form filter using form text box value

Help please

I have an Access 2007 d/b which has a main table called Properties, which has 3 fields called UPRN, PropertyType and PropertyStatus

Linked to Properties in a 1-to-1 relationship is a table called Addresses, which has the usual address fields

I have a form called f_PropertyDetails which shows the 3 Properties fields, and the fields from the related Addresses record

All working fine, and as I click through the properties the address details change

I have a Text Box called t_type_store on the form which I want the user to be able to enter a property type into, and then the user clicks a button which will apply a Form Filter and only show the Properties records where the field Type is equal to the value entered in t_type_store

Then the user can enter a different property type into t_type_store and click the button, which applies the same Form Filter, only this time showing the Properties records where the field Type is equal to the new value in t_type_store

I can get a Form Filter to work where I code a specific value into the Where Condition of the macro i.e. [PropertyType]="Residential"

And I could create 5 buttons, each with a different value, and this would work - but it does seem to be a lot of duplication

Then I changed the Where Condition in the macro to [PropertyType]=[Forms]![f_PropertyDetails]![t_type_store]

This seems to work the first time I enter a value into t_type_store and click the button, but when I change the value in t_type_store and click the button it does not get the records matching the new value

It is as if the first value used in the filter is retained and never updated

Any help greatly appreciated

this is not an exact answer to your question, but it will show you a technique that you can adapt to your situation

http://www.datapigtechnologies.com/f...tomfilter.html

Alan

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.