mjwillyone is offline Novice
    Windows XP Access 2007

2007 View Only Limited Records

Ok .. so I know that I have an older version of Access (2007) but we paid for it years ago and have never paid since and it works great.

I have a form that opens when I open our Access software. This form displays all employees (current and those no longer with us.)

Is there a way that I can set the form to show ONLY current employees if I have a field that provides that info?

Also, is there a way to display when I want to ONLY those employees that are gone?

Thank you so much!
    Mike

Minty is online now VIP
    Windows 10 Office 365
    Assuming you have a DateLeft or something simlar look at the query that populates the form and add some criteria to it - something like (in the SQL view)

Where DateLeft Is Null

Or in the query designer put Is Null in the criteria section under that field.

The opposite applies to see employees that have left:

Where DateLeft Is Not Null
    DLookup Syntax and others http://access.mvps.org/access/general/gen0018.htm
    Please use the star below the post to say thanks if we have helped !
    ↓↓ It's down here ↓↓

As minty said, you must have some field in your employees table, which indicates, is the employee working or not. Having the date of employee leaving is arguably the best.

Instead adding WHERE clause to query, I think the better solution is to set the filter criteria for form. E.g. you base your form on full employees table or o full query (all employees you had over time);
    In OnOpen event of the form, you set default filter property for form (e.g. displayed are only employees currently employed, and activate the filter. Like
    Me.Filter = "DateLeft Is Null"
    Me.FilterOn = True

You can add an unbound combo e.g. into header of form, where user can select, are displayed employees with DateLeft Is Null or DateLeft Is Not Null. The combos Change event will reset the filter condition for form according the selection the user made.

In case you allow users to select the form filter through session, and you have on form a combo to activate a specific employee, you have the filter selection combo also to edit the RowSource property of employee selection combo.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.