nasharagam is offline Novice
    Windows 11 Office 365

Need a good reference for some advanced and specific ACCESS questions

Hi all,

As much as I am frustrated with any general help available on the net for MS Office 365 tools I still believe that there must be some simple tools and techniques one could master in order to maintain and work with an existing ACCESS database with a number of preset Forms, Queries and perhaps, VBA macros. My problem is I simply cannot go behind an existing Form or Query, and more importantly, behind some VBA code that might be controlling some of the Forms and Queries to make some corrections (YES, make it stop doing weird stuff) and edits.

Could anyone please give me a solid reference text book or web site where there are some experienced users posting some solutions to my Q's while using Forms, Queries and Macros developed by somebody else and who is not available to answer any of my questions? I wasted some money buying the "ACCESS for Dummies" book and the official MS Help web sites and support network have been useless to date. So... any help here?

Thanks much in advance,

Best, Nash

Micron is offline Virtually Inert Person
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    I'm looking all the time, to refresh and learn new stuff and have to say that my browser search engine usually comes through - virtually 100% of the time. However, that experience has taught me that if you don't know how to phrase the search term it can be difficult to find relevant information. I'm wondering if that could be your issue.

So many things are hierarchical in nature and that's what often makes it difficult to locate information IMO. So I'd say it's the same with any of the YouTube vids, Access forums or whatever else anyone could recommend. Your best bet might be to simply ask your questions in places like this forum and see how it goes.
    The more we hear silence, the more we begin to think about our value in this universe.
    Paraphrase of Professor Brian Cox.

kd2017 is offline Well, I tried at least.
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    Ask here!

Quote Originally Posted by nasharagam View Post
    My problem is I simply cannot go behind an existing Form or Query, and more importantly, behind some VBA code that might be controlling some of the Forms and Queries to make some corrections (YES, make it stop doing weird stuff) and edits.
    To add to micron's comments, it's a learning curve. A big part of the learning curve is simply learning how to ask the right questions.

That said, note that when you're asking questions on sites like this folks will often answer by nudging you in the right direction, ie by giving you proper google search keywords. It's NOT that they're being smart a$$ or trying to be difficult.. instead of giving you a fish they're trying to teach you how to fish.

CarlettoFed is online now Competent Performer
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2013 32bit
    In the meantime, to begin with, try posting one of your questions and let's see if we can help you

orange is offline Moderator
    Windows 10 Office 365
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada; West Palm Beach FL
    I agree with the others--Ask your question(s) here-- and you will get some advice/guidance or direction.
    There are several links to articles, tutorials in various formats in the Database Planning and Design link in my signature.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.