pbDudley is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 10 Access 2010 64bit

Add Import image link to a form or on a report where one can manually navigate to desired image

Hello

I am trying to add a tool to my form or possibly the report where when the report is printed to pdf, one can navigate to an image and import it manually.
    I tried the attachment tool that's built in but I believe this has some size issues and adding it once the pdf is already created would be the better option I believe if possible.

The access database that I'm creating is based off of an old method that was used where one just manually updated a pdf but all of the data on the pdf are stored in tables that I can connect to. But the image portion would still be the manual method

My enable macros are disabled so I am working on getting that set up which might be causing me some issues
    Any advice would be helpful

And I have version: Microsoft® Access® for Microsoft 365 MSO (Version 2202 Build 16.0.14931.20806) 64-bit
    Last edited by pbDudley; 01-18-2023 at 04:58 PM. Reason: Adding info on why my windows/access versions are outdated

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    I don't really understand what you want to accomplish. Navigate to an image where from where? Tried the attachment tool of what - Adobe Acrobat?

Click on Settings at top of page then Edit Profile.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Windows 10 Office 365
    Adobe has a tool that allows one to import an image(attached image in post below). But since I'm creating the form to report in MS Access than saving as pdf, I was trying to add this adobe import image tool in MS Access(image attachment tool in the design view of forms/reports located in MS Access) prior to printing to pdf. I thought this would be the better method as I don't need a record or any attachments saved in the MS Access table. And I see size issues in MS Access with attachments. But would still want to have users add the image to the final pdf report without having to manually add this attachment tool in the PDF every time. And able to Navigate to whichever directory the image/images are saved on ones computer. This is what I'm trying to accomplish in MS Access. To add this adobe tool to a report in MS Access, but to use the import image tool in the final pdf(like the attached image in this post) Unless in MS Access I can import image without having to save it in a table, so import image on the report prior to printing, if this is an option to get in image into a report prior to printing.

Unless there is a way in MS Access to import an image without having to save it in a table, to have a user navigate to the image located anywhere on their computer and import it into the MS Access report prior to printing, then not having to worry about doing this in adobe.

Thanks for any help.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Adobe_Select_Import_Image_tool.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	55.6 KB 
ID:	49518
    Last edited by pbDudley; 01-19-2023 at 08:12 AM. Reason: Trying to be very detailed as to not confuse anyone

Please use # icon on toolbar when posting code snippets.
    Cross Posting: https://www.excelguru.ca/content.php?184
    Debugging Access: https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...bug+access+vba

Gicu is online now VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    Of course you can do that in Access without saving the picture file name and path. In the click event of the button to export the report to PDF you would use a FileDialog to prompt the user to select the picture, store that in a string variable and pass it to the OpenArgs parameter of the Docm.OpenReport method. Now in the Load event of the report set the .Picture property of your existing Image control embedded on the report to the Me.OpenArgs value storing the picture path. And finally use the Docmd.OutputTo method to export the now open report with the picture loaded to PDF.

Give it a try and post back if you get stuck.

Cheers
    Vlad Cucinschi
    MS Access Developer
    http://forestbyte.com/

Windows 10 Office 365
    Thank you very much. I will work on that and post an answer. Thanks

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.