jimrosser is offline Novice
    Windows 11 Access 2019

New Design of Data

Hi I'm currently using excel files and pivot table to perform budgeting at my company.
    I receive many files from different departments and compile them in one worksheet. Problem is that when i get a new file replacing data is cumbersome. I think it would be easier to import the files to access and then combine back into excel.

Any thoughts on how to accomplish would be appreciated.

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    If you bring data into Access, quite possible would not need to feed out to Excel.

What do you need to know? What research have you done? There are many ways to pull data into Access. Are you receiving Excel files from departments? Review http://accessmvp.com/KDSnell/EXCEL_Import.htm
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

jimrosser is offline Novice
    Windows 11 Access 2019
    Hi June7,
    Thanks for your quick response and the helpful scripts. Yes, many files from different departments and sometimes they may resubmit the file. I'm currently using power query to reverse pivot the files and put them in a single excel file. Problem is finding and replacing the data or there might be new rows added. My thought is to upload to access and overwrite the previous table. Then possibly combine the many tables into a crosstab query. Ultimately have to combine the data for presentations using pivot tables and once approved upload the data to Navision.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.