rokine is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Office 365

Command Buttons created in 2016 version has suddenly stopped working in 365 version

I have a database with data entry forms where soil samples taken in the field are entered. I designed the database in 2016 version and all the command buttons were functioning correctly. But after opening it in 365 version, some of the buttons have ceased to work. On some of the forms, "Save" button does not work while on other forms, it is either "Edit" or "Delete" button that does not work. To say a button does not work, I mean the button does nothing when clicked - absolutely no action occurs. I have activated the hosting folder as trusted location, but the problem still persists.

I would be very thankful for your help to resolve this issue. It's really a headache for me. Thanks in advance.

Bob Fitz is offline Access Developer
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    Does code still exist for the buttons that are not working and have you checked that the code does actually run when the button is clicked.
    If this helped, please click the star at the bottom left of this posting and add to my reputation . Many thanks.
    Bob Fitzpatrick

rokine is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Office 365
    Thank you Bob for the prompt response. Please the codes actually exist for the buttons and the button functions correctly, but when moved to another PC, the button does nothing when clicked. For instance, the edit button work perfectly on a Panasonic Tougbook but that same edit button fails to work on my computer. Sometimes, it even works on a PC for a while and it stops working. I didn't have this problem in the access 2016 version.

Bob Fitz is offline Access Developer
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by rokine View Post
    ....but that same edit button fails to work on my computer. ....
    I don't understand what fails to work actually means which is why I asked if the code actually exists and if it runs. Have you put a breakpoint in the none working code and stepped through each line.
    If this helped, please click the star at the bottom left of this posting and add to my reputation . Many thanks.
    Bob Fitzpatrick

Gicu is offline VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    The trusted locations must be enabled on all computers and for all users of each computer.
    Cheers,
    Vlad Cucinschi
    MS Access Developer
    http://forestbyte.com/

rokine is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Office 365
    Thank you all for the responses. They're very much appreciated. I think the problem is that some of the buttons get disabled by Microsoft for security reasons, and l don't know if I've to do something else beyond the enabling trusted locations. Please am l allowed to send a copy of the database,? If yes, how?
    Thank you

davegri is offline Excess Access
    Windows 11 Access 2019
    Look here:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	attach.png 
Views:	19 
Size:	41.6 KB 
ID:	49202

rokine is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Office 365
    Please below is my access database. Typical example of the problem is that on the RC Samples tab on the main form, the "Save" triggers no action when clicked. Ideally, I expect the message "Select Sample Condition" to pop when the button is clicked. Though the other buttons are working now, any of them can become inactive just like the save button at any time.

Thank you in advance for your help.

GeoMate.zip

davegri is offline Excess Access
    Windows 11 Access 2019
    If you compile the code you will find that Me.txtcampHoleID causes syntax error in several places. It should be txtsampHoleID.
    Recommend you add Option Explicit line just after Option Compare Database in every code module.
    Last edited by davegri; 11-26-2022 at 10:04 AM. Reason: sp corr

rokine is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Office 365
    You saved me a big headache, Davegri. I'll add the option explicit as you have suggested. Thank you everyone for your support. I know that as a beginner I will learn a lot from this forum.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.