Akchayan is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2016

Transfer column from a dropdown list specifically to table when button is clicked

Hello all,

I have a form in which I have a dropdown list. This dropdown list has a total of 3 columns. As soon as the button "Next" is clicked, I would like to transfer the content of the 3 columns into a table.
    The column in the table is called column3.
    The name of the dropdown list is "TEST"
    How do I do this?

Micron is offline Virtually Inert Person
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    Is this for learning/practice only or is there another reason? This is not something you'd normally do. Care to elaborate?

If you must, and will use code you can create an update sql by referring to the column numbers (0 based, so 0 is the first) and getting those values from the selected list row.
    The more we hear silence, the more we begin to think about our value in this universe.
    Paraphrase of Professor Brian Cox.

CJ_London is offline VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    think you need to clarify your requirement and provide some more detail, and would be very helpful if you describe the reason for wanting to do this as at the moment, it does not make sense

1, your title says 'Transfer column from a dropdown list' whilst your thread says ' I would like to transfer the content of the 3 columns into a table.' so which is it?
    2. Where does the data displayed in the dropdown come from? a table? a value list?
    3. what does 'transfer the content' mean? Add to another table? update existing rows in the table?
    4. Does anything else need to be added to the table (such as a foreign key)
    5. You want all the rows in the dropdown to be 'transferred'
    6. 'Transfer' implies adding to one place and removing from another (otherwise you would be copying) so are these rows to be removed from the dropdown?

Akchayan is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 7 64bit Access 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Micron View Post
    Is this for learning/practice only or is there another reason? This is not something you'd normally do. Care to elaborate?

If you must, and will use code you can create an update sql by referring to the column numbers (0 based, so 0 is the first) and getting those values from the selected list row.
    You mean like that:
    Str(Nz(Me![Combo20], 0))

Micron is offline Virtually Inert Person
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    No, and why would you need nz? You have blanks in some columns in some list rows??
    More like
    Me.Combo20.Column(0) for 1st column. You could look up Column property of a combo box to get more info.
    Still think you should explain as CJ suggested.
    The more we hear silence, the more we begin to think about our value in this universe.
    Paraphrase of Professor Brian Cox.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.