Perfac is offline Expert
    Windows 10 Access 2016

Field sometimes doesn't display after Requery.

On multiple forms in my app there are Combo boxes that is updated from another Combo box. Changing Combo box A, then also requery Combo box B. Sometimes the data om the form in Combo box B does not display. If I open Combo box A then B displays. When I close the form and return it display sometimes, and sometimes not?

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    Sounds like cascading combobox. Review https://stackoverflow.com/questions/...t-show-its-val
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Perfac is offline Expert
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    Hi. You helped me 5 months ago with this thread but because of my shortcomings, I have not solved this yet. I read the review you referred to, but I lack full understanding. Since I started learning Access some 7 years ago, I have never used a different default view on main forms than "Single form". Even after watching 100's of clips, I did not learn what Continuous form or split form can do, I did not come across it. All the sub forms in my app are "data sheet" and there are many. My app has 5 of the same forms that works the same. On the other four the same problem does not arise. After recreating the same form it did not fix this time. You mention in the referred discussion to lock the second drop down, and set tabstop to no. I cant see doing that if I have to capture data in that field.

CJ_London is offline VIP
    Don’t see how we can help without you providing the code that manages combo B’s rowsource- including the events that execute the code.

best guess is you have left the rowsource in a ‘filtered’ state by applying a criteria and that criteria does not include records relating to the current value of combo A.

Perfac is offline Expert
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    Thank you CJ. I will post a small part of my app an hour from now.

Perfac is offline Expert
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    In South Africa, electricity supply is a bit of a mess, I couldnt post earlier.
    In the small part of my app that I attach here you may see what I try to say.
    1. There are 5 main documents, f02Journals, f02Payments, f02Receipts, f02PrchsInvcs and f02SlsInvcs.
    2. If you open f02Journals and click on next continously you may see that on this document everything seems to be working. It is all about the top 4 fields. It does not seem that the second combo boxes are blank. No problem.
    3. If you open f02Payments. At the first transaction click "next". You should see that the third field does not display anything. If I click Transaction Type then "Paid To" displays what it should. Continue click on next and you will find a few more.
    4. If you open f02PrchInvcs. The third record give the same error, and a few others.
    5. If you open f02Receipts. I did not find any record with that issue.
    6. If you open f02SlsInvcs. I did not find any record with that issue.
    Attached Files Attached Files

June7 is online now VIP
    Need code in form Current event to requery cboComent_IDi as well as in cboTratyp_ID AfterUpdate.
    Last edited by June7; 04-04-2023 at 05:47 PM.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Perfac is offline Expert
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    Thank you. On both forms that have this issue, requery was there on Tratyp_ID, but not on form Current. It works now.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.