Deliver my application

I made a Access application for my customer. How can I transfer the application to the computer of my customer? He has Access.

Thnx

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    Email a zip file? Download from a file share site?
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Thnx

Quote Originally Posted by June7 View Post
    Email a zip file? Download from a file share site?
    OK. What has my customer to do with the zip file to get the content of the file in his Access-application?

Greetings,

Hans van Heertum
    Amsterdam - NL

June7 is online now VIP
    What exactly are you trying to send customer - an empty db application for them to add data or data they need to import or an application with data? What does your customer have?
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

What exactly are you trying to send customer - an empty db application for them to add data or data they need to import or an application with data? What does your customer have?
    It is an invoicing solution with some global tables allready filled with standard information and a number of tables that will be filled by the customer. My customer has Access in use or just bought Access.

Hans van Heertum
    Amsterdam - NL

June7 is online now VIP
    If you will be providing updates to this application, it should be split design. Frontend is GUI which has queries, forms, reports, code and links to backend tables. Backend has tables for customer data. Opening frontend first time needs to include process for setting table links for user's system. When you provide revised frontend, user data is not impacted, unless there are modifications to table structure and that is another aspect of your service altogether.

If it is not split and just an all-in-one db, user just needs to extract from Zip folder to working folder of their choice.

If you will be providing updates to this application, it should be split design. Frontend is GUI which has queries, forms, reports, code and links to backend tables. Backend has tables for customer data. Opening frontend first time needs to include process for setting table links for user's system. When you provide revised frontend, user data is not impacted, unless there are modifications to table structure and that is another aspect of your service altogether.

If it is not split and just an all-in-one db, user just needs to extract from Zip folder to working folder of their choice.
    Thnx. What does this mean / what have I to do for "Opening frontend first time needs to include process for setting table links for user's system."? How do I set table links for user's system?

Hans van Heertum
    Amsterdam - NL

June7 is online now VIP
    That only applies if you provide a split database. You can either instruct client to manually re-set links with Linked Table Manager or you can write VBA procedure to do it. This is a fairly common topic.

That only applies if you provide a split database. You can either instruct client to manually re-set links with Linked Table Manager or you can write VBA procedure to do it. This is a fairly common topic.
    Thnx again. I choose for a split database for future updates of the software. My customer has no knowledge of Linked Table Manager so I have to write a VBA procedure. Where can I find an example?

Hans van Heertum
    Amsterdam - NL

June7 is online now VIP
    It is a common topic. Do a forum or web search.

It is a common topic. Do a forum or web search.
    Thank you so much. When you ever might visite Amsterdam let me know so we can meet.

hansvanheertum@xs4all.nl

Exclamation Openi file does not show a choice to open exclusive, open does niet show any dropdown

How to open an database exclusive without the possibility in the open screen?

Quote Originally Posted by HansvanhEERTUM View Post
    Thank you so much. When you ever might visite Amsterdam let me know so we can meet.

hansvanheertum@xs4all.nl

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.