Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Micron is online now Virtually Inert Person
    Windows 10 Access 2016

it's about 512Mb before zip, 1.4 after compact/repair

EDIT - No idea what form to open or what button to push though. Code will not compile, so there's that too.
    The more we hear silence, the more we begin to think about our value in this universe.
    Paraphrase of Professor Brian Cox.

82280zx is offline Advanced Beginner
    Windows 11 Access 2019
    Yea I'm not sure why this database is so big? It's empty... my last database I made has much more stuff to it and is tiny like 27 mb.

Open Company Certificates and click Select Company 1 from the Filter By Company Drop down, then click on email certificate. It leads to the Certificates report.

Form in question is called FRM_FilterByCompany that form filters the query and if you click on email reports it should automatically generate the report as pdf files and attach them to an outlook email. It does that but the signature files aren't working correctly as stated. The Report it points to is Certifiactes .

Windows 10 Access 2016
    OK I did that. So the problem is that the report (I'm looking at the pdf version of it) shows Dan on one page, Gail on the other but the signature seems the same? That is what you need fixed?
    The more we hear silence, the more we begin to think about our value in this universe.

Windows 11 Access 2019
    Yes that is what I'm trying to fix. The value box I have in the top left of the pdf is only there to see if the query was pulling the right signature from the query, and it shows correct but the signatures aren't changing =/ or I can't figure out how to do it.

Windows 10 Access 2016
    This seems to work:
    Code:
    Private Sub Detail_Format(Cancel As Integer, FormatCount As Integer)

If Me.SelectSignatureToUse = "Dan" Then
        Me.imgDanSig.Visible = True
        Me.ImgGailSig.Visible = False
    Else
        Me.ImgGailSig.Visible = True
        Me.imgDanSig.Visible = False
    End If

End Sub
    In report design view, select detail section then choose On Format event from property sheet.
    Not sure if the plan is to hide the combo or not. I'd remove it all together and have a textbox pick up the name as part of the detail record but hide it. You don't need to refer to the column property for a 1 column combo so I removed that.

The confusion all along (for me) was not knowing what the output design looked like.
    Last edited by Micron; 09-11-2022 at 12:31 PM. Reason: added info

Windows 11 Access 2019
    Awesome that worked! I'll just hide the field, that is kinda what I was planning to do anyways if I got it to work right, thank you so much! I worked on that all day yesterday and made no head way =/

Windows 10 Access 2016
    Glad I could help. For me, clarity is paramount as I'm a black and white sort of person, so more details would be something to consider going forward. Not that you should write a novel but a bit more is better, although I think you got off to a good start. FWIW, I did not examine the rest of your db but I would suggest that in vbe options you turn on 'require variable declaration' and add Option Explicit at the top of all of your code modules. Then compile and fix your error(s). Also, don't create multiple versions of the same thing (e.g. several queries/forms/reports whose only distinction is some sort of data filter - you use search controls on a single form instead) and best not to use attachment fields as they can cause enormous db bloat. The preferred approach in Access is to have a table field with file paths that you use.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.