Middlemarch is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 10 Access 2019

Moving within a Range of Numbers

I have a range of numbers, say 1000-1500 and want to move a number within that range to somewhere else then renumber them all back in sequence.
    I've some ideas but could be reinventing the wheel if something in Access already handles that ?

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    You want to assign a record to a different sequence number?

Yes, I've seen this type of question before. Here's one discussion https://www.tek-tips.com/viewthread.cfm?qid=631394

What are your ideas? One possibility is to assign the record to move with a Double value, so if you want to move into position behind record 451, assign it to 451.5. Then open a recordset ordered by the sequence field and loop to reassign all records with sequential whole numbers. The field must be defined as a Double, not Integer or Long.

Will this process be accomplished by only one user? Multiple users reassigning sequence will conflict.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Middlemarch is offline Competent Performer
    Windows 10 Access 2019
    Thank you @June. Yes I do. That 451.5 idea is worth a shot. My idea was to make the number to move zero. Then renumbering everything > 0. Then adding 1 to everything >insert Number, freeing up a spot for it. But had a nagging doubt depending on the move being before/after the insert number there'd be more needed. Then it got a bit confusing and I'd to test by trial and error, so asked here first (just in case something existed to do that).
    There are no multiple users.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.