Hursan is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2016

How do I retain the value that is entered into a text box from record to record?

I have a form that will have about 48 records entered at a time all needing the same batch number. All the other data will need to change, but I would like to be able to retain that batch number from record to record until it reaches record 48. I'm assuming I'll need some code. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!!

moke123 is offline Me.Dirty=True
    Windows 11 Access 2010 32bit
    A lot depends on how your tables are set up and what your actual process is. Will it always be 48 records or can it be more or less? Are batch numbers consecutive?
    We'll probably need more info.
    If this helped, please click the star * at the bottom left and add to my reputation- Thanks

Gicu is offline VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    I would suggest a form\subform set up where you enter the batch number in the form and use the master\child linking to auto-populate it in the subform; you could have code in the current event of the subform to check if the record is new and count the already existing ones using a dCount()....
    If you supply more info as suggested you should get more pertinent answers

Cheers,
    Vlad Cucinschi
    MS Access Developer
    http://forestbyte.com/

Hi

I agree with Vlad

Main form to enter a batch number
    Subform to enter related information
    You can PM me if you need further help.
    Good Reading https://docs.microsoft.com/en-gb/off...on-description

Hursan is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    Let me start again with a different scenario. I have a form that is used to collect the items requested. Every time the Collected button is pressed a query updates the table with the values found on on the text boxes CollectionBin and CollectionBinLocation, right now the CollectionBinLocation has to be manually changed to 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 etc up to 112 ... every time the Collected button is pressed. When the number on the CollectionBin text box is changed we start updating the numbers on the CollectionBinLocaion all over again 1, 2, 3, 4 etc every time we press the Collected Button. i want the CollectionBinLocation to be updated automatically every time the Collected button is pressed, but when the value on the CollectionBin is updated I want access to restart the counter 1,2, 3, 4, 5, etc...Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CollectionForm.png 
Views:	20 
Size:	17.1 KB 
ID:	48507Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CollectionQuery.png 
Size:	14.7 KB 
ID:	48508

Hursan is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    Let me start again with a different scenario. I have a form that is used to collect the items requested. Every time the Collected button is pressed a query updates the table with the values found on on the text boxes CollectionBin and CollectionBinLocation, right now the CollectionBinLocation has to be manually changed to 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 etc up to 112 ... every time the Collected button is pressed. When the number on the CollectionBin text box is changed we start updating the numbers on the CollectionBinLocaion all over again 1, 2, 3, 4 etc every time we press the Collected Button. i want the CollectionBinLocation to be updated automatically every time the Collected button is pressed, but when the value on the CollectionBin is updated I want access to restart the counter 1,2, 3, 4, 5, etc...

June7 is online now VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    What do you mean by 'updates the table' - new record is created?

If you want to provide db for analysis, follow instructions at bottom of my post.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

davegri is offline Excess Access
    Windows 11 Access 2019
    This form will do what you ask, but how you would integrate it with your DB is perhaps problematic. If you upload a copy of your DB it would be possible to give a more useful response.

Hursan-davegri-v01.zip

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bin.png 
Size:	8.7 KB 
ID:	48510

Hursan is offline Novice
    Windows 10 Access 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by davegri View Post
    This form will do what you ask, but how you would integrate it with your DB is perhaps problematic. If you upload a copy of your DB it would be possible to give a more useful response.

Hursan-davegri-v01.zip

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bin.png 
Size:	8.7 KB 
ID:	48510

Thank you, the code on your forms works like I wanted it. thank you all for your help!

davegri is offline Excess Access
    Windows 11 Access 2019
    Glad I could help and thanks for the Star!

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.