Thompyt is offline Expert
    Windows 10 Access 2016

Adding a Digital Signature field

I have searched the webs but could only find where you can add a digital signature field in a form. What I am trying to do is have a field that when exported to adobe pdf, Adobe will recognize it as a signature block field.

Thanks Wayne

June7 is offline VIP
    Windows 10 Access 2010 32bit
    What did you find that indicates you can add a digital signature field in a form?

I doubt any Access controls can accomplish this.

A signature block can be added to PDF with Adobe AcrobatPro tools. Possibly Access VBA can manipulate PDF document to programmatically add signature block. I have been able to manipulate PDF docs for other purposes. Required installation of Adobe AcrobatPro.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

Not exactly what was asked, but this may be interesting for you. (As much as I understood this - I myself haven't had any need to use this.)
    https://www.dokobit.com/e-residency?...SAAEgLkhPD_BwE

Windows 10 Access 2016
    I have a form in access that is auto filled with input data. I was wanting to pre set up a field that when the output to pdf format, adobe would recognize as, and process as a digital signature field. I was not looking for making a digital signature field in Access. Adobe DC would be installed.

The pdf would be emailed and the recipient could digitally sign in the block without going into adobe and adding a dig sig block.

June7 is offline VIP
    I know you don't want digital signature in Access. I just wondered what you found saying it could be done.

My comments still apply.
    How to attach file: http://www.accessforums.net/showthread.php?t=70301 To provide db: copy, remove confidential data, run compact & repair, zip w/Windows Compression.

CJ_London is online now VIP
    @isladogs has a signature form which may fit your needs - https://www.isladogs.co.uk/signature-capture/index.html

isladogs is offline MVP / VIP
    Windows 10 Office 365
    My signature form example mentioned above saves the signature as a .png file and then emails it to a specified email address.
    That makes it ideal for use on e.g. tablets where users aren't connected to a local network.

I don't use Adobe for this task.
    Colin, Access MVP, Website, email
    The more I learn, the more I know I don't know. When I don't know, I keep quiet!
    If I don't know that I don't know, I don't know whether to answer

Windows 10 Access 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by June7 View Post
    I know you don't want digital signature in Access. I just wondered what you found saying it could be done.

My comments still apply.
    I didn't find it saying it can be done. I found a lot of questions and threads on the internet, including your comments and some code work around when you have adobe DC Pro installed.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.